rosegarden sheet, edit key signature?

Support & discussion regarding DAWs and MIDI sequencers.

Moderators: khz, MattKingUSA

sei6i

rosegarden sheet, edit key signature?

Postby sei6i » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:40 pm

Hello...comrades :D

I am writing music in Rosegarden, and I'm using it without sound, only to write sheet music on it. However, when I recorded the midi track of my song on it I noticed that the notes are a couple of octaves lower then the ones on the sol key signature
Is there a way to make the key signature to display lower notes ?
EXAMPLE:
In the attatched file I am playing 2 octaves lower then G4 key. I want the sheet music to display G2 key as the anchor key signature so that the notes don't look two octaves off. You can check on the attatched file.

Thank you and good vibes!

Basslint
Established Member

Re: rosegarden sheet, edit key signature?

Postby Basslint » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:06 pm

sei6i wrote:Hello...comrades :D

I am writing music in Rosegarden, and I'm using it without sound, only to write sheet music on it. However, when I recorded the midi track of my song on it I noticed that the notes are a couple of octaves lower then the ones on the sol key signature
Is there a way to make the key signature to display lower notes ?
EXAMPLE:
In the attatched file I am playing 2 octaves lower then G4 key. I want the sheet music to display G2 key as the anchor key signature so that the notes don't look two octaves off. You can check on the attatched file.

Thank you and good vibes!

Hello, sorry if I can't answer your question directly but if you need a Scorewriter (no sound), why don't you use MuseScore or Denemo, which were made exactly for that? :D

Rosegarden is great but it's sorta like a DAW, it really isn't focused just on score writing and I think it's best used as a sequencer.
The community of believers was of one heart and mind, and no one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they had everything in common. [Acts 4:32]

Return to “Recorders & Sequencers”