Problem when I load plugins NadIr and Emissary with linvst

Discuss running non-Linux applications and plugins on Linux, for example via wine

Moderators: khz, MattKingUSA

jonetsu
Established Member
Posts: 1586
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:05 am

Problem when I load plugins NadIr and Emissary with linvst

Postby jonetsu » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:59 pm

pedrobotero wrote:Now Emissary 2.0 and NadIR 1.0 plugins load correctly but NadIR 2.0 doesn't load well (I tried activating and deactivating d2d1 library)


I gave it a quick try, this time on a track with Phonec2:


n.jpg



I did the exact same steps as for Emissary, which were:

1) Copy the 64-bit dll to the plugins test folder
2) Copy the linvst.so adapter there renamed as NadIR.so
3) Start Bitwig (Bitwig will scan the test folder), load synth track, add NadIR

I use wine-4.5 (Staging) and linvst from git (January 2019) on Xubuntu 18.04 with Bitwig 2.4.3.

The sound of this plugin is quite nice !

I took a bit more time to read about on their web site. These guys are actually building real amplifiers and use their simulations as a guide. Impressive.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pedrobotero
Established Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:08 pm

Re: Problem when I load plugins NadIr and Emissary with linvst

Postby pedrobotero » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:05 am

jonetsu wrote:
pedrobotero wrote:Now Emissary 2.0 and NadIR 1.0 plugins load correctly but NadIR 2.0 doesn't load well (I tried activating and deactivating d2d1 library)


I gave it a quick try, this time on a track with Phonec2:


n.jpg



I did the exact same steps as for Emissary, which were:

1) Copy the 64-bit dll to the plugins test folder
2) Copy the linvst.so adapter there renamed as NadIR.so
3) Start Bitwig (Bitwig will scan the test folder), load synth track, add NadIR

I use wine-4.5 (Staging) and linvst from git (January 2019) on Xubuntu 18.04 with Bitwig 2.4.3.

The sound of this plugin is quite nice !

I took a bit more time to read about on their web site. These guys are actually building real amplifiers and use their simulations as a guide. Impressive.


You try it with these impulses response

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wRPPZJ ... p=drivesdk

jonetsu
Established Member
Posts: 1586
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:05 am

Re: Problem when I load plugins NadIr and Emissary with linvst

Postby jonetsu » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:08 pm

pedrobotero wrote: You try it with these impulses response


Now that's a whole bunch at 7.7G. If you want others to test, you should perhaps just put maybe 20 of these or so. Who will be downloading 7.7G to test somebody else's ?

I would.

For that matter, I don't see why, if the plugin loads fine, it would have problems reading in wav files. It's not like asking to load .dll files.

So it works, here on a Hive2 track, with two impulse response files:


nad2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pedrobotero
Established Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:08 pm

Re: Problem when I load plugins NadIr and Emissary with linvst

Postby pedrobotero » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:16 am

jonetsu wrote:
pedrobotero wrote: You try it with these impulses response


Now that's a whole bunch at 7.7G. If you want others to test, you should perhaps just put maybe 20 of these or so. Who will be downloading 7.7G to test somebody else's ?

I would.

For that matter, I don't see why, if the plugin loads fine, it would have problems reading in wav files. It's not like asking to load .dll files.

So it works, here on a Hive2 track, with two impulse response files:


nad2.jpg


I'm sorry, I didn't make myself clear.

I leave there the link in case someone is interested in having a great collection, is not to make a test

jonetsu
Established Member
Posts: 1586
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:05 am

Re: Problem when I load plugins NadIr and Emissary with linvst

Postby jonetsu » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:21 pm

pedrobotero wrote: I'm sorry, I didn't make myself clear. I leave there the link in case someone is interested in having a great collection, is not to make a test


Thanks for the collection.

The ones I tried work although there's a substantial drop in the volume. As with the screen shot above, the Nad was at full volume and still wasn't at par with the track output without it. It needed extra external boost to be at the same volume as the track without this effect.


Return to “Running non-linux software”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest