Essential information for new users

Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Welcome to the community!

Moderators: khz, MattKingUSA

X-Ray Oz

Re: Essential information for new users

Postby X-Ray Oz » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:40 pm

Hi Nathan

I have developed a few command line programs which may be useful for Linux musicians, namely:
- router: an alternative to QMidiRoute which differs between "note on" and "note off" and also provides an extra transformation
- chogen: a program that generates chords from single notes pressed on a MIDI controller or keyboard
- trigger: a utility that allows the user to start a program or command file by pressing a key on a MIDI controller or keyboard

The programs are shareware, and the C++ source code is available as a CodeLite project. 64-bit binaries are also included.
Initially, I would like to upload a PDF file documenting the software, so that anybody who is interested can contact me.

So please let me know how I can publish the PDF file here.

Cheers

Rainer

Rainmak3r
Established Member

Postby Rainmak3r » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:47 pm

falkTX wrote:I noticed that... some setting changed with the phpbb update. investigating...

EDIT: all seemed ok...
if the problem keeps happening let me know, perhaps it's time to disable the new-post-needs-approval thing.

I realize I'm quoting a fairly old message, but it looks like I'm having the same issue: I've written around 4 between posts and replies by now, and I'm still being told they're going to be moderated. Is there anything I may be doing wrong? Thanks!

raboof
Established Member

Postby raboof » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:09 pm

Rainmak3r wrote:I realize I'm quoting a fairly old message, but it looks like I'm having the same issue: I've written around 4 between posts and replies by now, and I'm still being told they're going to be moderated. Is there anything I may be doing wrong? Thanks!

I think we've upped this to 3-5 posts because spammers were catching up, but there is also something weird going on that prevents some users from being whitelisted. Luckily I know how to manually lift the moderation requirement for them (by removing them from the 'newly registered users' group).

I'm sorry, it's cumbersome, but better than a forum full of spam ;).

Rainmak3r
Established Member

Postby Rainmak3r » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:25 pm

raboof wrote:
Rainmak3r wrote:I'm sorry, it's cumbersome, but better than a forum full of spam ;).

No problem at all! Thanks for the clarification, the threshold for minimum number of posts makes sense.

rstralberg

Postby rstralberg » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:52 pm

Hi

I'm a 65 years old newbie on Linux.
Live in the north of Sweden

Tested various distros and the only one I got my
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 and Tracktion 7 to operate
with really low latency was Ubuntu Studio.

So that's what I'm using

Here is a small test from yesterday evening

/roland

Return to “New? We're glad you're here!”